19 replies to this topic

#1 Chaz Bono

Chaz Bono

Founder

• Moderators
  • 151 posts
  • LocationWest Hollywood CA

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:14 AM

Three very promising new games are coming out on Tuesday May 18. Red Dead Redemption from Rockstar Games is GTA set in the wild west, Alan Wake published by Microsoft Game Studios and developed by Remedy is a horror game that looks like its going for a Silent Hill vibe, and UFC 2010 which is a MMA fighting game. Probably won't get to play any of them until next weekend because I'll out of town part of next week. If anyone gets a chance to play any of these games let us know what you think.

-Chaz

Bob, The Utilities Guy | Save Money on Your Utility Bills and Feed Starving Children

#2 Bones

Bones

Oratarian

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:42 AM

Red Dead Redemption from Rockstar Games is GTA set in the wild west

OMGGGGGG!! OMG OMG OMG OMG. What console. I desperately want to play this. :lol:

#3 ConnerAble

ConnerAble

Conversationalist

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:54 PM

I just went crazy and bought the xbox 360 elite. I won't be on xbox live for a couple of weeks but that's cool, it gives me time to get used to the system. Anyway, I have a copy of redemption special edition reserved. I get to pick it up monday at midnight. I'll let you guys know how it is. Although, I might have to take a break from it to marry my xbox, talk about love at first site!

#4 malygris

malygris

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:25 AM

Im a pc player and my friend wants me to drop my life long love of keyboard and mouse (well I've loved it ever since Stevie Killcreek killed me in Daikatana), and pick up a ps3 just so I can play Redemption with him. Love is hard! Friendship is harder. I hate those mashy little thangs, but I will do it anyway.

Wish me luck..

maly

#5 Chaz Bono

Chaz Bono

Founder

• Moderators
  • 151 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:27 AM

Don't get a PS3, in my opinion the XBOX 360 is a much better console. Do some research of your own but I think you will find that most reviewers and gamers prefer the 360 over the PS3. The 360 has a better online component with XBOX live and better exclusive games. The one thing that the PS3 does have going for it is the Blue Rey player.

-Chaz

#6 Bones

Bones

Oratarian

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:20 PM

Blue Rey players are cheaper than they used to be too now. They're actually kinda affordable. It's the big TV that's a real money burner.

Oh man I'm just itching to play that GTA game, oh my GOD. I might have to poke my friends into letting my play it at their place, lol.

#7 ConnerAble

ConnerAble

Conversationalist

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:22 PM

Ok I got Red Dead Redemption last night at midnight. IT ROCKS!! I love it. I was playing it until 2 am, made for a tired work day but who cares. I got the special edition with a bunch of extras, I will let you guys know when I get online with it what they are. I also am really enjoying my new Xbox 360. Can't wait to go on Xbox live. I should be on very soon. I also want to get Alan Wake...checked out the survival guide for it last night and it looks great. UFC 2010 comes out on the 25th too. I got to check out a little bit of the fall games and there's some really cool stuff coming out. I'm glad I didn't get the PS3, I really like this system.

#8 Bones

Bones

Oratarian

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:53 PM

I'm so jealous you don't even believe. Okay. People "like" cowboys.
I LOVE cowboys.

Cowboys are going to suddenly be "cool" now but I've always been a "loser" for loving westerns, okay? :lol:

#9 ConnerAble

ConnerAble

Conversationalist

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:18 PM

Losers? No way...I always sport my The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly T-shirt. Spagetti Westerns are the greatest. This game is like playing one. I just finished racing in a horse race and a bunch of other really cool wild west activities. You gotta play this.

#10 Bones

Bones

Oratarian

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:17 PM

Damn it! I'm so jealous!! I have no money... :lol: I'm broke and unemployed... God help me.

But I also know that game won't go anywhere. I will still be there when the next consoles come out and all this stuff is cheap.

#11 Kuuipo420

Kuuipo420

Contributer

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSaint Augustine, Florida

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:24 PM

Chaz I had a question about the Ps3 and XBOX.... bear with me on this I'm a 44 year old mother of 8 year old twins and I'm playing on their PS2. Needless to say they want to kick mom off and take the game back. Do you think there is less upgrades on XBOX than PS2? I want to give my kids back their console and get my own but the guitar controllers and mics and drums are too expensive for me to keep buying to keep up with the Jones's. With me and my mate it's more about the game than the graphics we would be happy just graduating from hard to expert Guitar Her/ Band Hero but the PS2 games are being phased out for PS2 (No Beatles Guitar Hero PS2 Grrrr...). What would you recommend for us old folks?

#12 Kuuipo420

Kuuipo420

Contributer

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:35 PM

Bumming out today big time!! PS2 drum controller has officially crapped out (cat got a hold of the wires long story) & the fact that I'm also officially broke is not helping. I went to Target and Wally World, nothing only PS3 controllers. If anyone has spare PS2 band controllers and wants to sell them (particularly the drums) contact me. I'm living in Florida at the moment. Here's my MySpace drop me a message or even just to mob up. Any help is good help. I almost cried when I seen the wires and the cat almost went on a long ride.
http://www.myspace.com/kuuipo420

#13 Chaz Bono

Chaz Bono

Founder

• Moderators
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 09:31 AM

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I wrought you back twice during our technical difficulties and they didn't post.

When you are ready to invest in a new game console I suggest you check out the Wii by Nintendo. The Wii is great for casual gamers and families with kids. The games and graphics are simple and most of them are played through a motion sensor system that I think your twins would enjoy. The best thing to do is go to Target or Best Buy and try all three consoles before you purchase anything.
Hope that helps,

-Chaz

#14 Kuuipo420

Kuuipo420

Contributer

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:53 AM

Thanks Chaz I'm going to look into the wii. My mate is going to surgery in a few months so I think our finances might be better by the end of the year. My niece has one so I'm going to check it out and by that time I wont be pregnant either and I'll be able to be a little more active. Thanks for the quick reply :)
Blessings~
Kuuipo

#15 Bones

Bones

Oratarian

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:21 AM

OH.
AND COMING FROM A TREKKIE.
STO SUCKS.

Star Trek Online.
It's derpy. I don't like it. :lol:

#16 smoran2424

smoran2424

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:17 PM

I have been playing Red Dead Redemption for the last 5 days. It totally ROCKS! There are so many different aspects to this game, it is really an open world. Some of it I find slow, the horse can only go so fast (I am really used to fast cars in GTA 4). I still don't think I have figured out every thing possible in the game, the game is going to take a while to get through.

Shaun

#17 Bloodified Butterfly

Bloodified Butterfly

Vocalizer

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:32 PM

I swear I am the only rpg nerd on the site, this makes me a sad Collette :3
*tries to do sad face*

#18 Bones

Bones

Oratarian

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:09 PM

I'd like to play some tabletop RPGs sometime... My friends play 'em. I'm just not very into fantasy. I heard there are sci-fi RPGs though... and steam punk. Hells yeah. :lol:

#19 ConnerAble

ConnerAble

Conversationalist

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:03 PM

I have 6 characters on WoW and I still play the real D&D when I can find a group. My dice collection is fairly significant. :D

#20 ArtivistLorax

ArtivistLorax

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:56 AM

I haven't played D&D in a while. I'm more into Magic the Gathering when I can get some friends together to play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users