#81 Christian_transman

Christian_transman

Oratarian

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • LocationMidwest, in my 40's (age)

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:21 PM

Hi Rob,
I found your introduction very interesting, and kind of a mystery - I was wondering how you stumbled across this forum, and why you're taking the time to be here of all places? I also have a simple question for you and it's something that continues to truly bother me. Why do my sisters seem to have fewer problems accepting me as their brother, while my brothers cannot seem to accept me as their brother?
I am an FTM transman, btw, and it REALLY bugs the crap out of me that my own brothers can't accept me for who I really am.
Thanks, Chris
  • TyeDyeGranny likes this

#82 ginger1234

ginger1234

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:44 PM

little something for everyone..

BEE the Raisen not the cornFLAKE..
Make a stand.. Be TRUE to you..
You are beautiful
You are smart
You are imoportant!
Respect yourself
Love yourself!
Every person is unique and is needed to complete the puzzle of life. the world doesnt quite spin right without you!

Hi, IM ginger.. I joined to one, say im here for support and encouragement . I myself was born woman and know im woman. and love men.. LOL but im here cause i do have some friends who are gay and lesbian and someone very close to me who is strarting to question his true identity. Who wont admit ,, but through some personal experince with them, things they watch, read ....anyways..it makes me so sad becasue i know he is unhappy. I just want more informtaion. .. any knowledge, advice i might be able to take to help him .. "find himself". ..
I love him very much. very dear friend and only want him to be happy!

Chaz, I wish nothing but peace and joy and many years of happiness to you!~.

#83 sacdp29

sacdp29

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:24 AM

My name is Susan and I live in Kentucky. I'm a straight 53 years old woman. I am an "ally" for the gay, lesbian, transgender, etc. community around my area. My best friends are gay/lesbian. I also have become friends with a transgender FtoM. All I can say is my friends I've made in the community are the best!
I support anyone that does what the heart and body is telling them. The ones that don't understand, or are ignorant.....the hell with them.
Can't wait to see you on DWTS. You are the only reason I'm watching.
I will be honest to say that I had some issues with understanding someone wanting to become MtoF or FtoM. When I watched your documentry I finally got it. You explained it so well.
I love the drag shows, I go to our local gay bar with my friends. I have a blast. My husband doesn't go, but he has no trouble with me going and having fun with my friends there.
Thanks for being you! You discussing your "transformation" has surely made it easier, someday, for others to do the same.
God bless you!

#84 Tara

Tara

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:21 AM

Hi, I'm Tara. I'm MTF and its been about 10 years now since my journey began. For me, it hasn't been easy but life just keeps getting better and better.

Anyway, I saw that Chaz is going to be on Dancing with the Stars and I just wanted to say how brave and wonderful I think that is.

I've actually never watched the show before but I will now to be part of the cheering section. :D

Tara

#85 tbgr4u

tbgr4u

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:09 AM

Chaz..... I'm proud to share the same name. I get called Chaz Bono all the time now. I'm in my mid fifties and have watched you grow up. I am so very proud of you for having the courage to be who you are... so public and truly heartfelt... very brave.
Chaz Carrick

#86 RandomPerson

RandomPerson

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:29 PM

I'm a random person who has caught random snippets of Chaz in the news, watched his interview on David Letterman, and now caught some air about DWTS.

I just registered to say that as a male living in the Midwest in the middle of nowhere that there are still reasonable people that support you, and support science.

Most of the criticism seems to be coming from self-righteous fundamentalist christians who don't believe "their God makes mistakes" and that their god makes strictly males, and strictly females. I think it is important to educate these people on a whole range of medical conditions like hermaphroditicism(is that the right term?) and androgen insensitivity syndrome to show them that isn't the case.

To heck with these people. I realize at this point you've already been through the hardest part and you probably could care less what these people think.

But just thought I'd say that we're not all iron age buffoons. Even in the middle of nowhere in the Midwest.

#87 HarrietH

HarrietH

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:32 PM

Thank ylou Chaz.
Our trans community has needed someone to stand up and show that we are just normal folks, trying to live normal lives.
Hugs-
Harriet

#88 StepKidadultMTF

StepKidadultMTF

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:30 PM

Hello! :-) My name is Lisa, and my stepson began his MTF transition last December. His father & I had no clue. "He" came out about his GID late last March. Josh is still going by Josh (for now) and continues to take hormones but is not presenting as female yet. We invited Josh to move back home and that just happened a couple days ago. Having broken off his engagement, he needed a place to live. We wanted to provide him with an emotionally safe place to live. Josh left home when he was 18 years old---it had been over 8 years since he lived with us, so this is a pretty big deal for the 3 of us, just living together again, never mind the MTF transition process.

Anyway, I am still rather awkward with proper terminology (sorry), but I want to learn more, to understand as best I can. I may do more reading than posting for quite some time. Thank you!

#89 ladybri71

ladybri71

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationWichita Kansas USA

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:37 PM

Greetings one and all,

Chaz you are the bomb and I am so glad and elated that you are doing what is right and now you are happier, and with the support from your Mother Ms. Bono, Girlfriend, and your fans.

I am a pre operative male to female transgender and I have already started my hormone therapy on May 6th, 2006, Name change was completed on May 8th, 2008 and I started my Gender Therapy on June 18th, 2008.

The transition was not easy especially when you are required to live, dress, and work in your new gender role. With all the name calling, the finger pointing, the snide remarks, and the ogling.

I do support other men and women who are going through the full transition or who already went through the transition. The ones I do not support are the ones who we call cross-dressers for the ones who are legitimately transition are automatically put into that category as being a homosexual, a lesbian, cross-dresser, transvestite, a prostitute or being involved in the Adult Entertainment Industry.

That is not what a Transgender is or will ever be. We are all human beings just the same as anyone else but due to the media we are never going to be accepted in society no matter how we look at it we will always be under the scrutiny of others who have no education of what a transgender man or woman is for they are the ones who are ignorant which means the knowledge of no knowing.

I hope you understand what I am trying to say for sometimes what I want to say never really comes out the way I want it to.

On another note:

I know about the controversy of you with Dancing with the stars and here is what I think of all the hoopla...

YOU GO CHAZ AND KEEP ON DANCING....FORGET THE IGNORANT FOOLS WHO HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT THEIR OWN SEXUAL IDENTITY FOR WE KNOW WHO WE TRULY ARE AND THAT IS A HUMAN BEING.

#90 juniperblue

juniperblue

Oratarian

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:09 PM

Hi All,

Thanks Chaz for doing this. I have been very isolated and this is a great resource to communicate with other like minded people.

#91 TVWoman

TVWoman

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:14 PM

Greetings!!!!!! I am an MTF of color who came out and began to transition at the age of 29. In fact, this month will be the 16th anniversary of my graduation to female hormones.

I love being a woman so much. I often wondered what it would be like as I got older and matured as a woman. Now, I am finding out how much how great I feel about who I am.

This is a wonderful forum you have here, Chaz. I am glad you are letting us into your life and wonderfully courageous journey in becoming the man you are now. In reverse, your being FTM and my being MTF, I was able to look at your documentary and see just how much of it is a lot like what I--and many other transsexuals, I am certain--went through in my journey.

And I will be checking you out on DWTS!!!! I am pulling for you to be successful and go all the way in the competition. I even saw a repeat of your appearance on Oprah recently while visiting with my sister. I was able to point things out to her regarding your story in seeing the similarities of what which I went through with my own transition. And she was receptive of the information.

Thanks for being here, Chaz!!!! And go get 'em on DWTS!!!!! :D

#92 442009

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:50 AM

Mr. Bono, God Bless You!
I am the mother of a openly gay son, and a trans gender daughter. My daughter was so unhappy with who she was that she gave up the fight on 4-4-2009. So many people just don't understand how hard it is to live in a body that is not yours. I always knew she was different from a small child she would go straight to the boys clothes department when time for school shopping. I could see the disapointment in her little face every Christmas when she opened her gifts and would cry. She felt she could only be her true self after a few drinks, which turned into full blown alcholic. I'm sharing this only to try to help other parents out there. Please don't think that your child will grow out of these feelings They Won't! I tried to be supportive, even getting professional help, but in the end I lost my daughter. Better to loose a daughter to becomming a man than to loose her altogether. I know! Please Mr. Bono hold your head high and spread the word, you are a huge roll model for so many. Thank you for being TRUE!

#93 ilovejohnnydepp000

ilovejohnnydepp000

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:54 PM

hi i just made an account about ten seconds ago but i just wanted to say thank you so much for being so brave and doing this. ive only come out to my mom and my best friend. my mom thinks im confused and sent me to therapy so im sure shes lest than thrilled...my best friend is supporting me 100% and i would never beable to make it through this without her. im in high school which is the worst posible time and place to figure all of this stuff out. there is a small group of kids at my school who claim to be transgender because they think its funny or will make them cool. they "changed their names" and force everyone even teachers to refer to them byt the oposite pronoun. i find it to be horable to turn something like this into a joke because ive been trying to deal with this feeling since i was a little kid and to go through life just feeling like you yourself is just wrong is no laughing matter and its not something that should be shared like its a joke. im really glad that there is a place where i and everyone else can feel safe and not judged for being a little different. i watched your it gets better video and cryed, being FtoM is really hard and i look up to you so much. you are my hero and i hope i can be as brave as you.

#94 MamaPuddin

MamaPuddin

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:55 PM

Thank you for the welcome, Chaz! When I heard your presence on DWTS was stirring up controversy, I just wanted to send you a hug from another FTM's Mom, as well as a thank you for all you're doing to raise awareness and put a really sweet, diplomatic face on the transgender community. Those of us in your parents' and grandparents' generations didn't have many options to explore our sexuality or gender identity -- whether it was a good fit or not. Thank God this generation is able to sort out who they really are before they end up in unfulfilling relationships or worse. I really appreciate the sensitivity you showed to your Mom as she tried to come with terms with your transition. It was a shock and a process for me to handle, also, but we're in a good place, now. Thank you for creating this forum and good luck on DWTS!!!

#95 StephSCO

StephSCO

Contributer

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:15 PM

Thanks, Chaz, for setting this up!

#96 xxCROMxx

xxCROMxx

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:05 AM

Thanks for the welcome and all the best in the things that you do.

#97 Thenar

Thenar

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:42 PM

Hey Chaz, long time no see. I can't tell younhow much I appreciate what you're doing to bond a community that has needed an icon. I've followed your progress through our mutual friend here in the mountains. I'm proud of you man.

#98 cmc

cmc

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:02 AM

Wow! First of all...ally here! No one has ever asked me where I stand on this subject and to be honest, until a few months ago, I am not sure what I would of said off the top of my head. I am never too convinced that what I think is "right" or "appropriate", in other words, low self esteem most likely.
BUT in my weakness I am blessed to be a very loving, accepting, caring and understanding person. Who am I anyway? What does my opinion matter to someone especially when they are going through something of this magnitude. I also seem to "see" things in others sometimes that turn out to be true. For instance, when I was a little girl, I recall sitting n the floor in front of my tv set, watching what I used to think was a princess and a very funny, caring man...that would be your mom and dad. I loved the playfulness between them. But then when they let us into their personal life a bit by bringing out their little baby girl, I was in awe...wide eyed and then..then I noticed, there was something very different about her (the little girl). Was she just shy? Was she lost in her parents surreal life...what was it??? I mean I NOTICED SOMETHING and I must of been maybe 9 or 1o at the time. I loved seeing her, loved to imagine being her. I was fully engaged.
Years later when I learned about trans gender I didn't think much of it because I didn't know, personally, anyone that had this life. I didn't judge, no name calling, I was curious maybe...at best.
A few months ago, I learned about your life Chaz. I watched Becoming Chaz and there it was! There was that smile, that face, that feeling came over me again. But as I watched and as I learned about trans gender through your documentary, I started to understand. I wondered what I would do if I were in your position. But at the end of the show, I felt peace, even from within. I recalled the little girl, the one with the little shy smile as I watched a man, a very kind man. He has the same smile but this time it is just soft, caring, and he was at peace...I KNEW it.
Ah Chaz, the only thing that still puzzles me, because of my spiritual beliefs is why God? But then I know we are not to question God. I just hurt for you that you had to endure it all. The pain you must have gone through all throughout your life! It makes me so happy to see you smile. I was watching Dancing with the Stars the other night and as I watched you I was like proud. Weird because we don't know each other, but I saw the people in your life cheering you on and saw your progress despite your physical pain but most of all, I was proud because you overcame the obstacle that was standing in your way of being peaceful. I am inspired and yes...an ally.
Sincerely,
chris

#99 Bradford

Bradford

Contributer

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationIn the United States (plan to move to Canada once I graduate High School)

Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:07 PM

First, I would like to say thank you, Chaz for creating this. Second, I would like to introduce myself. I'm Bradford, but my (supportive) friends call me Brad. I'm sixteen years old and transgender (FtM). My birth name is not Bradford (nor Brad), that's just the name I feel comfortable with using. My parents don't understand it, nor support it, but they haven't kicked me out of the house and my mom told me that she'll be by my bed side for every surgery, even though she hopes I don't go through with it. My brother and sister are my top supporters in my family. My sister has me as "Brad" in her phone and calls me "Brad" and uses male pronouns when referring to me in school and puts "Brad" on any birthday and Christmas presents. My brother puts "Brad" down on any gifts to me, and told me that if I don't become a jerk, he's more than happy to be there for me. He also snaps at people who call me names and such, even if they're his friends. My friends, well, I got those who are highly supportive and those who do not support me at all.
I don't really know what else to say. I really hope I get to meet as many people on here as possible. I love meeting people that are transgender, as well as any supporters out there. I absolutely love meeting supporters!
Anyways, hope to meet some of you soon! Later!

#100 juniperblue

juniperblue

Oratarian

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:46 AM

Great to hear from you Brad. There is also a place to make a formal introduction to the group. Not everyone will easily find this post but the Introductions are usually responded to. You just post a greeting under this same category as a new topic in Welcome Newbies/Introductions. ( It took me two weeks to figure that out!) LOL. Anyway ... Welcome ... and good to meet you Brad. :)

- J

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users