127 replies to this topic

#41 ML147000

ML147000

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:37 AM

Greetings one and all...
Newbie here.
Been on T since April of 08, although I've had "my little issue" for the last, say about 50 some odd years or so. It's always fun to attempt to explain to the parents and they say you're nuts.
Fortunately, Mom eventually came around...pity she passed away just shy of a month ago.

Chaz...way to go dude! I'm glad I finally found this forum.
I've been following stuff with you since your announcement some time ago.
I can relate although I don't have to deal with the idiot media.
Know you've got a cheering section off in the background.

Take care...
ML :mrgreen:

#42 Chaz Bono

Chaz Bono

Founder

• Moderators
  • 151 posts
  • LocationWest Hollywood CA

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:22 AM

Hi bro, welcome to the forum.

#43 DaltonCT

DaltonCT

Contributer

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:38 PM

Hello all, I'm Dalton. I'm an FTM living in Utah at the moment. It's a bit tough here.

Thank you Chaz, for setting this forum up. You're an amazing Man and you're very blessed to have a Mom that supports you and tries to put herself in your shoes in order to understand.

It's a long hard journey when you're us. It's wonderful to have the support of others who understand what you're going through.

Happy New Year to Everyone!

#44 Christian_transman

Christian_transman

Oratarian

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • LocationMidwest, in my 40's (age)

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:55 AM

Welcome aboard Dalton, and Happy New Year to you too!

#45 leroi

leroi

Oratarian

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:40 PM

Hi Dalton,

Welcome to the fine forum. Happy New Year! I have a good friend who lives in UT.

#46 DaltonCT

DaltonCT

Contributer

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:51 PM

Thank you Christian and Leroi!

#47 Andrew- Jr.

Andrew- Jr.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:22 AM

Hey Chaz,

Thank you for this site, and congrats on all you are doing for folks like us! My hat is off to you.

Hi Everyone,

I'm Andrew and live on the East Coast. I am thrilled with this site, and to meet many of my other brothers here who seem to get it.

Namaste,
Andrew

#48 MsMaryMoss

MsMaryMoss

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:50 AM

Chaz,
Thank you so much for creating this forum. I am a single mom to my 12 yr old transgender son (FTM) I love him as my son and hope to pave the way for a better life for him. I want him to feel love and acceptance more than anything. I look forward to support from this forum.
:D Mary

#49 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:09 PM

I am not a trans. I'm a heterosexual woman but I just saw an interview with Chaz and just wanted to say that he is an inspiration not just to lesbians or transexuals. He certainly is a inspiration to me. His story is not the story of a lesbian/transexual. It's the story of someone who has come to finally accept who he is and having the courage to do something about it.
I'm 52 years old and mother of two, and every day I am more and more conscious about how important it is to make one's self a priority, as I just heard Chaz say in his interview.
Nothing like being in peace with who you are.
Thank you, Chaz, for being an inspiration :)
Best of luck to you.

#50 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:13 AM

Hello Chaz and all of you here...Just finding this site is already provided relief as I seek knowledge and support. Let me say up front that I am not privy to the vocabulary and, so, please excuse if I may use wrong words out of ignorance and certainly feel free to correct me!

Just a few weeks ago my high-school age daughter revealed to me that she feels like a male in a female body and she identified that feeling years ago. I must say, in a sense she reminded me of how I perceived Chaz while watching his parents' show during my youth...I felt I saw a different and wise soul behind those eyes. I do not subscribe to the idea that Transgender identity is a choice. Although I cannot relate to feeling/being trans, I know that just because I don't share the experience doesn't make it less true.

My daughter (son?) has suffered quite a bit with this secret as well as being hospitalized for an eating disorder. Both these issues have taken a toll in many ways and I'm very concerned. We have good therapeutic support from non-judgmental counselors (although don't specialize in either of these topics...they are more than willing to learn as much as possible).

I have two main questions at this point:
1. How does one know that being trans- is from internal "essence" and not something else?

2. How do I find "safe" communities in our area so we are not going this alone? (We live in D.C. metro area).

This is an unexpected road in life's journey, which I'm sure will be easier - even sweeter - because of Chaz and you all here.

#51 Mynewlyfe

Mynewlyfe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:42 PM

As the mother of a 15 year old male to female transgenderd child I can't thank you enough for bringing this issue into the limelight! You are not only showing the world that transgenders are real people who have amazing things to offer this world, but are saving lives along the way. This has been the most amazing, yet painful journey with my child and your candid perspective has helped immensely. You are an amazing, courageous man who has begun to help thousands of people in this world. I hope you know just how special you are and how much you have helped us. Your goal to go public so you could help others has succeeded. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

#52 MelissaDawn

MelissaDawn

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:02 PM

Hi Chaz! I just watched "Becoming Chaz". What an inspiring documentary. I'm a 41-year-old gender-blind female. I was so moved by your documentary that I just wanted to stop by here and tell you that I think you are a very brave and wonderful person. I long for the day though when we don't have to call people who follow who they truly are "brave", but rather accept it as normal and accept people for who they are. There is too much hatred and nonsense in this world. Your father's song "Laugh At Me" has been one of my favorites since I was a child, such a wonderful message. I wish you well, and hope you have found happiness in your journey.

Melissa Dawn

#53 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:48 AM

Hi Chaz and everyone!
I really appreciate having this forum. I am FTM and didn't start my transition until I was over 50. It has now been 5 years and I am so much happier. My kids are good with the transition now although they don't really understand it, they accept me for who I am. I guess it's weird to say my mother is a man, but they know I'm happy and that's what counts.

I am starting to be more involved in the trans community and would love to share thoughts and ideas.

I just finished Chaz's new book Transition and I want to thank you for writing it. It really spoke to me and validated a lot of my own feelings about transitioning and my life pre and post transition.

#54 SkippyBee135

SkippyBee135

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:56 PM

My "fit" into this group is as an ally and the mother of a gay son.

I watched "Becoming Chaz" on OWN yesterday and was absolutely blown away! I am in awe of you Chaz. Thank you for choosing to share your journey with all who choose to watch your documentary.

(At 59 years of age I feel like a groupie. I've set my DVR to record all of your upcoming interviews - starting with David Letterman this evening.)

I wish you the very best that life has to offer.

#55 esquires

esquires

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:18 PM

Hi Chaz,
My name is Beth and I just found your Web site. I'm a straight woman, but I've been interested in the transgender community and the horribly unfair discrimination its members suffer ever since I read the story of Brandon Teena and later saw the movie "Boys Don't Cry." I am so sorry you had to go through so much pain and unhappiness in your life, and I'm so impressed with your courage and your efforts to explain transgenderism to people in a clear and understandable way. You are incredibly intelligent and articulate, not to mention brave!
I saw you on both "Oprah" and "David Letterman" this week, and you were awesome - so composed, poised and mature. I agree with you 100% that transgenderism is a condition, not a "psychological disorder." I'm confident that your efforts will help improve the situation. It may be a slow process, but with you as a spokesman, progress will be made! You're absolutely right when you say that people fear what they don't understand, and you have a real gift for making complicated things understandable in a calm and "nonthreatening" way.
I just ordered your book, and I can't wait to read it. I wish I could see the documentary "Becoming Chaz" on OWN, but I don't get the channel. I apologize if this question has been answered elsewhere, but is there a way for people who don't get OWN to see the film?
Best wishes to you!
Beth

#56 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:31 PM

Dear Chaz,
I certinly hope I have chosen the correct format in which to contact you. I watched your program. "transition", with at firs some hesitation. I did not understand your journey or detination to self discovery, but was extremely curious. So you can imagine my surprise when I fee in love with you almost immediately. You were/are charming, and caring, and sensitive, and so smart. Your quick and intelligent and a delight to listen to. Your thoughts and views and opinons are spot on and your articulate yourself so well. I wish you all the best, and hope that the rest of your life is spent with joy and happiness and all the goodness you can handle. God Bless You Chaz and all the good you do, and all the people you touch.

#57 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:38 PM

Chaz,
I can't Thank You enough for this site, your book, your documentry to us all. I am a Grandmother of a 10 yr old grandson who has been talking to me over the past several years about his wanting to be a girl. I know I am the only one he shares his feeling with but already as he is getting older he is more careful of what he says but when just the two of us he is more open. I have been trying to find out more about being transgender, as well as understanding it. Now I feel maybe I can find help through other parents/grandparents who are realizing our kids need help and we all need education. I will continue to seek out resources although I do not think their is much in our area.
Anyway, I am thankful for your coming forward and helping us all.

#58 Mickey22

Mickey22

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:33 PM

I'm glad you are succeeding in your journey to freedom. I have waited to long to do just that same thing. I have moved back to Los Angeles and I have a good friend that is willing to be by my side. I need to start from the beginning. Like others I am not rich and my insurance will not pay for anything. Can you point me into the starting line of who to call and stop watching anymore of my life die.

#59 Skippy

Skippy

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNorthern Indiana

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:18 PM

Thank you so much Chaz. I am 29 years old soon to be 30. Because of you and one of my friends I have now seen a Head doc and she is getting me the letter that I need for T. I am so excited about FTM. I have always known that I should have been a boy growing up and now that I have started this process I will be a man. Thank you for putting yourself out there and haveing that doc ran on OWN. Now my parents can watch it and see where im coming from.
Thank you again

Chaz u are the man!!!! So proud of u

#60 emmybarrick

emmybarrick

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:15 PM

I love you Chaz, and I think you are courageous. America needs this insight you are allowing through this documentary. I am honored to be a member of your forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users