127 replies to this topic

#21 Kuuipo420

Kuuipo420

Contributer

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSaint Augustine, Florida

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:12 PM

Hello Chaz! I', so glad you feel better now. I'm happy for you. I heard you were a gamer. So am I. Whats your favorite game. I'm a Guitar Hero addict. And I like your music too :)

Bob, The Utilities Guy | Save Money on Your Utility Bills and Feed Starving Children

#22 Chaz Bono

Chaz Bono

Founder

• Moderators
  • 151 posts
  • LocationWest Hollywood CA

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:54 AM

Welcome to the forum. Go check out the gamer section. My favorite games are Fable 2 and Oblivion, i do enjoy Rock Band and as well. I like to play the drums and am enjoying the Beatles version.

-Chaz

#23 Marc2010

Marc2010

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationConesus, NY

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:36 AM

Chaz, Congrats Brother! Thank you so much for being so public with your transition! We definitley need the attention! I love you for what you do, and who you are!

Your Brother FTM

Marc Smith
western NY

#24 Chaz Bono

Chaz Bono

Founder

• Moderators
  • 151 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:02 AM

Thank you brother. Welcome to the forum.

-Chaz

#25 Kuuipo420

Kuuipo420

Contributer

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSaint Augustine, Florida

Posted 21 May 2010 - 06:12 PM

Oh Chaz I also wanted to tell you how wonderful you look now. You are a very handsome man. I can see where you were meant to be a man (you were also very pretty as a female too) but this is you. You look so much more comfortable now. You look terrific :)

#26 johna

johna

Vocalizer

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:11 PM

Hello everyone and Chaz :)

I just wanted to say that I hope you accept me even thought I don't exactly fit in the club lol. Whever there is hope...there is a future. God Bless you all...He loves you...he really does :)

Krista, I personally love the support and encouragement I get from people outside the LGBT community. Your voice is welcome.

#27 Dusty

Dusty

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 05:42 PM

First, I want to tell you how very much I appreciate your courage! You are my, as well as lots of others I'm sure, hero. The world sure needs a lot of educating on transgender. The gays, lesbians, etc., are a little more understood and accepted, at least in some circles, these days - and that's great!!! I am almost 70, so it was not acceptable in any way, shape or form - much less transgender!!! Consequently, I have spent my whole life as a book with the wrong cover. I tried to live what the cover said, when the content of the book didn't fit at all. There have only ever been two people that I have attempted to be open with, and the results were not good. I am sooo thankful that it is at least being talked about more these days, and for somebody like you, Chaz, to have the courage you do, can only serve to make it a little easier for somebody else to take the steps they need to in order to have a life. As somebody who has watched "Tootsie" and "Mrs. Doubtfire" and secretly cried, because it was to real to life, I am profoundly supportive of what you have done and what you are doing. I'm so glad there is a forum for transgenders. It is a VERY isolated life. I have never found a place where I felt like I fit, as much as I have tried. I had a female partner for a while, but her family (grown kids, etc.) could never understand that she saw me for what I really was inside, so that didn't feel so good either. Thanks for the therapy session. :) It's my first - and for sure the only time ever that I feel like I'll actually be understood. Thanks!!!! I'm not normally one to write on forums, or who goes in chat rooms, etc., but wanted to thank you. This is a forum that I will check out regularly. I'm so glad I found it!

#28 Chaz Bono

Chaz Bono

Founder

• Moderators
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:24 AM

Dusty,
Welcome to the forum, I am so glad you found us too. I can only imagine how difficult your life has been. I hope you use this forum to express your feelings and get any questions you may have answered. Believe it or not there are transgender seniors out there, let me know if you would like to be put in touch with some of them. Also you should check out some of the links people have posted and the ones on my web page, there are a lot of resources around. Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Best,
Chaz

#29 lifeofandrewk

lifeofandrewk

Contributer

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNJ/CT, USA

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:52 PM

Dusty, I watch someone (MTF) on youtube in her early/mid 60's-- I'm sure if you got into contact with her she'd lend an ear if you wanted someone to talk to. Let me know and I can give you her youtube link.

#30 Chaz Bono

Chaz Bono

Founder

• Moderators
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:24 AM

It's so cool to have a trans man from Amsterdam posting here. Welcome Yvo, I look forward to hearing about your life in Amsterdam.

#31 christheatheist1

christheatheist1

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:00 PM

Hello Mr. Bono!

I am a big time fan of you and I just wanted to wish you all the luck in the world. Your courage inspires me so much. I have hairy cell leukemia and you have inspired me so much to persevere. Thank you so much for your inspiration. Please keep up the fight and know that there are so many people out there who will be able to embrace who they are and learn to really love themselves because of you. All the best...Chris

#32 Chaz Bono

Chaz Bono

Founder

• Moderators
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:19 AM

Hello Chris,
Thank you so much for your post. I am in awe of your courage and so happy to have helped you in some way. I'll keep fighting for our community, and you keep fighting for your health.
All the best,
Chaz

#33 homeo

homeo

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Mo

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:52 PM

I just want to say thanks. Thanks for this site, for putting a familiar face on an issue that touches so many people, and thanks for being courageous enough to make your journey public. Dude, you ROCK!

#34 Dusty

Dusty

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:36 PM

Dusty,
Welcome to the forum, I am so glad you found us too. I can only imagine how difficult your life has been. I hope you use this forum to express your feelings and get any questions you may have answered. Believe it or not there are transgender seniors out there, let me know if you would like to be put in touch with some of them. Also you should check out some of the links people have posted and the ones on my web page, there are a lot of resources around. Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Best,
Chaz

Thanks so much for your reply! Hope everything is going great for you. Because of your web page and forum, I have found lots of good books to read that make me feel much better about myself - and not alone. I just got your book "The End of Innocence" and can't wait to start reading it. Keep up the good work!! I'm sure it will have massively more great results than you will ever know!!

#35 Rob

Rob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:33 AM

Mr Chaz Bono,

Thank you for being such a calm, pragmatic and eloquent speaker about transsexualism/transgendered issues. You really embody the notion that the personal is political.

Thank you to your partner who has shown that couples can transition together.

As it was put out here before to transition in a less public forum is hard enough but to be such a public figure...

You are both such strong leaders.

With much respect and admiration,

Rob

#36 TYFAShannon

TYFAShannon

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:38 AM

Hello, Everyone!

I am the mother of 5 boys and a 10 year old girl who happens to have been born with a male body. I am also a co-founder of a national organization, TransYouth Family Allies, Inc. (TYFA) TYFA is a non-profit organization that provides education and advocacy programs for gender variant/transgender youth ages 3-18 and their families. You can check us out at www.imatyfa.org . I look forward to meeting other parents and non-parents on this journey.

Blessings to all!

Shannon

#37 Chaz Bono

Chaz Bono

Founder

• Moderators
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:35 AM

Hi Shannon,
It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm a big supporter of TYFA, and have gotten to know, respect, and work with Kim over the last year. Welcome to the forum, and please tell your other families about us.
Best,
Chaz

#38 Doug Smith

Doug Smith

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:56 PM

A big size Texas Howdy to y'all. I'm Doug Smith, and glad to be here among fellow brothers and sisters. I've written a book also, entitled "Reflections of a Self-Made Man." by Doug Smith. It's available from Amazon Books and Xlibris publishing.com. I will be working on a sequel to the book. Then more and more books. I'll be happy to answer any questions or comments that you may have. Say Hey y'all. Doug

#39 Doug Smith

Doug Smith

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:36 AM

Mr. Chaz Bono,
I'd like to thank you so very much for having this forum for us to connect, discover and learn from others that have or are experiencing the victory party of their bodies emergence. You are truely a leader among us. I hope you continue your efforts and would like to discuss with you some ideas that I have, to make changes enabling transformations safer and more afforable.
Thanks again, Doug Smith

#40 Chaz Bono

Chaz Bono

Founder

• Moderators
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:33 AM

Thank you Doug. Welcome to the forum. I look forward to learning more about you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users