what to do next, help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dylyn

dylyn

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

Just a few hours ago my lesbian wife just told me she is in wrong body.This is effing huge.
Where do we go from here???

Bob, The Utilities Guy | Save Money on Your Utility Bills and Feed Starving Children

#2 Christian_transman

Christian_transman

Oratarian

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • LocationMidwest, in my 40's (age)

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

Hey Dylyn,

So what's your wife's plan? Does she want to transition or is she just wanting to let you know that she's come to this realization and needs some love and support from the people around her? People can and do stay together even after one of them transitions. If you love each other, you can get through most anything. Do you love her enough to let her live her life as the person that she was meant to be, as her/his true self? That's the tough part.
We love people, not their "bodies", usually. But it's all very complicated.

I'm a transman and when I met my fiance', I was female-bodied. But she loved me enough to stick with me while I transitioned to becoming the man that I always knew that I was. It wasn't always easy and we definitely had our ups and downs - but we made it across the great divide and we both came out happy, whole, and still in love with each other on the other side of it all.
Some couples make it through the transition together, some don't. I really don't know what else to tell you.
Good luck to you both, Chris

#3 leroi

leroi

Oratarian

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

I'm of the mindset that information matters most. I can give you my experience. I headed straight to the online forums and learned as much as I could about it. I knew that I wanted to make a solid rational decision. This happens to be an irrational beast.

I found a therapist, a support group and dove in. But, that's me. I knew I needed as much support as possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users